Do you read your print copy of BAR and find yourself wanting to continue your learning by exploring the articles referenced in the footnotes? BAR Notables makes it easy for you to find all these referenced articles, all in one place. Link directly to every one of our articles from BAR, Bible Review and Archaeology Odyssey footnoted in the current issue. We hope you’ll jump right in and find even more to fascinate and engage you online.
- Amihai Mazar, “Bronze Bull Found in Israelite ‘High Place’ from the Time of the Judges,” BAR, September/October 1983.
- John Byron, Biblical Views: “Who Sinned First—Adam or Cain?” BAR, July/August 2017.
Purity and Impurity
- Shlomo Bunimovitz and Avraham Faust, “Ideology in Stone: Understanding the Four-Room House,” BAR, July/August 2002.
- Avraham Faust, “Early Israel: An Egalitarian Society?” BAR, July/August 2013.
- Avraham Faust, “Pottery Talks: What Ceramics Tell Us About the Social World of Ancient Israel,” BAR, March/April 2004.
- Hershel Shanks, “The Four-Room House: Ancient Israel’s Major Architectural Achievement,” BAR, July/August 2017.
- Larry G. Herr and Douglas R. Clark, “Excavating the Tribe of Reuben: A Four-Room House Provides a Clue to Where the Oldest Israelite Tribe Settled,” BAR, March/April 2001.
- Mark R. Fairchild, “Laodicea’s ‘Lukewarm’ Legacy: Conflicts of Prosperity in an Ancient Christian City,” BAR, March/April 2017.
- Francesco D’Andria, “Conversion, Crucifixion, and Celebration,” BAR, July/August 2011.