Do you read your copy of Biblical Archaeology Review (BAR) and find yourself wanting to continue your learning by exploring the articles referenced in the footnotes? BAR Notables makes it easy for you to find all these referenced articles, all in one place. We have direct links to every one of our articles from BAR, Bible Review, and Archaeology Odyssey footnoted in the current issue. We hope you’ll jump right in and find even more to fascinate and engage you in our online library.
- André Lemaire and Jean-Philippe Delorme, “Mesha’s Stele and the House of David,” BAR, Winter 2022.
- Matthieu Richelle and Andrew Burlingame, “Set in Stone? Another Look at the Mesha Stele,” BAR, Spring 2023.
- Yonatan Adler, “The Genesis of Judaism,” BAR, Winter 2022.
- Oded Lipschits, “Enduring Impressions,” BAR, Winter 2022.
- T.C. Schmidt, “Calculating Christmas: Hippolytus and December 25th,” BAR, Winter 2022.
- Jonathan Yogev, “The Riddle of the Rephaim,” BAR, Winter 2022.
- Steven and Elisha Fine, “Encounters with Fossil Giants,” BAR, Fall 2021.
- John Dominic Crossan and Sarah Sexton Crossan, “Resurrecting Easter: Hunting for the Original Resurrection Image,” BAR, March/April 2019.
- Nava Panitz-Cohen and Naama Yahalom-Mack, “The Wise Woman of Abel Beth Maacah,” BAR, July/August/September/October 2019.
David and Solomon’s Invisible Kingdom
- Erez Ben-Yosef, Archaeological Views: “Biblical Archaeology’s Architectural Bias,” BAR, November/December 2019.
- Anson Rainey, “Inside, Outside: Where Did the Early Israelites Come From?” BAR, November/December 2008.
- Hershel Shanks, “Face to Face: Biblical Minimalists Meet Their Challengers,” BAR, July/August 1997.
- William Dever, “Save Us from Postmodern Malarkey,” BAR, March/April 2000.
- Hershel Shanks, “A ‘Centrist’ at the Center of Controversy: BAR Interviews Israel Finkelstein,” BAR, November/December 2002.
- Yosef Garfinkel, “The Birth & Death of Biblical Minimalism,” BAR, May/June 2011.
Jerusalem’s Temple Treasures
- Steven Fine, “The Temple Menorah—Where Is It?” BAR, July/August 2005.
- Joan E. Taylor, “Secrets of the Copper Scroll,” BAR, July/August/September/October 2019.
- Tzvi Abusch, “Gilgamesh: Hero, King, and a Striving Man,” Archaeology Odyssey, July/August 2000.
- Karel van der Toorn, “Did Ecclesiastes Copy Gilgamesh?” Bible Review, February 2000.
- Avinoam Danin, “‘Do You Know When the Ibexes Give Birth?’” BAR, November/December 1979.