- (-) Remove Bible filter Bible
- (-) Remove Authors: Anson F. Rainey filter Authors: Anson F. Rainey
- (-) Remove Date » Start date: 1979 filter Date » Start date: 1979
- (-) Remove Authors: Zeʼev Meshel filter Authors: Zeʼev Meshel
- (-) Remove Authors: Martin A. Cohen filter Authors: Martin A. Cohen
- (-) Remove Authors: Abraham Malamat filter Authors: Abraham Malamat
Displaying 1 - 3 of 3 results
The First Peace Treaty Between Israel and Egypt
3000 year old treaty sealed by marriage of Pharaoh’s daughter to King Solomon.
The recent peace treaty between Egypt and Israel may have a historical precedent from almost 3000 years ago. Then too, these two nations wisely decided that peaceful co-existence was better than military confrontation. The peace accord in...
Biblical Archaeology Review, September/October 1979
Did Yahweh Have a Consort?
The new religious inscriptions from the Sinai
The book of Kings describes a time during the 9th–7th centuries B.C. when the land was divided into two kingdoms—Judah in the south and Israel in the north. Phoenicia and Israel were linked by commerce and royal marriages and Hebrew...
Biblical Archaeology Review, March/April 1979
The Prophets as Revolutionaries: A Sociopolitical Analysis
Five Biblical prophets—Amos, Hosea, Micah, Isaiah and Jeremiah—scathingly attacked the sacrificial cult practiced in the shrines of ancient Israel and Judah. These prophets all lived in that turbulent 150-year period that began with the death...
Biblical Archaeology Review, May/June 1979