- (-) Remove Bible filter Bible
- (-) Remove Authors: William H.C. Propp filter Authors: William H.C. Propp
- (-) Remove Date » Start date: 1979 filter Date » Start date: 1979
- (-) Remove Authors: Abraham Malamat filter Authors: Abraham Malamat
- (-) Remove Publication: Biblical Archaeology Review filter Publication: Biblical Archaeology Review
- (-) Remove Authors: Dan P. Cole filter Authors: Dan P. Cole
- (-) Remove Authors: Frank Moore Cross filter Authors: Frank Moore Cross
- (-) Remove Authors: James Fleming filter Authors: James Fleming
Displaying 1 - 4 of 4 results
The First Peace Treaty Between Israel and Egypt
3000 year old treaty sealed by marriage of Pharaoh’s daughter to King Solomon.
The recent peace treaty between Egypt and Israel may have a historical precedent from almost 3000 years ago. Then too, these two nations wisely decided that peaceful co-existence was better than military confrontation. The peace accord in...
Biblical Archaeology Review, September/October 1979
BAR Excavation in Jerusalem Highlights Summer Seminar
Digs uncover exciting Byzantine and Israelite relics.
The following report was prepared by Jim (Yaakov) Fleming, BAR’s Jerusalem correspondent and Director of BAR’s Summer Seminar in Israel. The first BAR-sponsored excavations took place last summer—appropriately enough—in Jerusalem. Not only...
Biblical Archaeology Review, November/December 1979
How to Pick a Dig
This coming summer more people than ever will join archaeological digs in Israel and elsewhere as volunteer workers. Some will be taking an important early step toward a professional...
Biblical Archaeology Review, March/April 1979
Phoenicians in Brazil?
Distinguished linguist examines controversial inscription supposedly written by ancient voyagers to the New World.
Of the recurring, often bizarre attempts to find ancient Semitic inscriptions in the western hemisphere, the most prominent and frequently cited concerns the so-called Paraiba...
Biblical Archaeology Review, January/February 1979