- (-) Remove Bible filter Bible
- (-) Remove Authors: William H.C. Propp filter Authors: William H.C. Propp
- (-) Remove Date » Start date: 1979 filter Date » Start date: 1979
- (-) Remove Authors: Avinoam Danin filter Authors: Avinoam Danin
- (-) Remove Authors: Dan P. Cole filter Authors: Dan P. Cole
- (-) Remove Content type: Feature Article filter Content type: Feature Article
Displaying 1 - 3 of 3 results
Plants as Biblical Metaphors
For our ancestors, wild plants and animals of the Holy Land served as symbols and metaphors. These people were closer to nature than we are today and they understood the life cycles of the plants and animals about them. In the Bible, they...
Biblical Archaeology Review, May/June 1979
“Do You Know When the Ibexes Give Birth?”
The Hebrew word ya-el appears three times in the Bible. In English translations it is usually translated as “wild goat,” and in some modern translations, as “mountain-goat.” In actuality, the Hebrew ya-el is the ibex (Capra...
Biblical Archaeology Review, November/December 1979
How to Pick a Dig
This coming summer more people than ever will join archaeological digs in Israel and elsewhere as volunteer workers. Some will be taking an important early step toward a professional...
Biblical Archaeology Review, March/April 1979