- (-) Remove Bible filter Bible
- (-) Remove Authors: Keith N. Schoville filter Authors: Keith N. Schoville
- (-) Remove Authors: Anson F. Rainey filter Authors: Anson F. Rainey
- (-) Remove Date » Start date: 1979 filter Date » Start date: 1979
- (-) Remove Authors: Ephraim Stern filter Authors: Ephraim Stern
- (-) Remove Publication: Biblical Archaeology Review filter Publication: Biblical Archaeology Review
- (-) Remove Authors: John M. Allegro filter Authors: John M. Allegro
- (-) Remove Authors: Aharon Kempinski filter Authors: Aharon Kempinski
Displaying 1 - 3 of 3 results
Hittites in the Bible: What Does Archaeology Say?
People called Hittites are frequently mentioned in the Biblical account of Israelite history. In the past 100 years the archaeologist’s spade has unearthed Hittite civilization: It has proved to be both large and important. Does it accord,...
Biblical Archaeology Review, September/October 1979
Book Excerpt: The Shapira Affair
The late 1880’s in Jerusalem was an age of discovery. On the one hand, textual critics, anthropologists, geologists, and philosophers combined to pour scorn and derision on Scriptural traditions; on the other, archaeology was never so popular...
Biblical Archaeology Review, July/August 1979
Excavations at Tell Mevorakh Are Prelude to Tell Dor Dig
What a daughter site can tell us about its mother
In 1980, the first spade will sink into Tell Dor. As previously announced in BAR (“Yigael Yadin to Head New Excavation,” BAR 04:04), I will direct the field work at the new excavation. In a sense, however, this excavation began several years...
Biblical Archaeology Review, May/June 1979