- (-) Remove Hebrew filter Hebrew
- (-) Remove Bible filter Bible
- (-) Remove Authors: Keith N. Schoville filter Authors: Keith N. Schoville
- (-) Remove Authors: William H.C. Propp filter Authors: William H.C. Propp
- (-) Remove Date » Start date: 1979 filter Date » Start date: 1979
- (-) Remove Authors: James Fleming filter Authors: James Fleming
- (-) Remove Authors: Jonathan P. Siegel filter Authors: Jonathan P. Siegel
- (-) Remove Authors: Dan P. Cole filter Authors: Dan P. Cole
Displaying 1 - 3 of 3 results
The Evolution of Two Hebrew Scripts
Paleo-Hebrew or Phoenician script was used before Aramaic script was introduced by Jews returning from Babylonia.
In BAR’s version of Superman’s original costume, pictured in “The Hebrew Origins of Superman,” in this issue, Superman the scribe wears the Hebrew letter samekh on his chest. But even people who know how to read modern Hebrew—as it is...
Biblical Archaeology Review, May/June 1979
BAR Excavation in Jerusalem Highlights Summer Seminar
Digs uncover exciting Byzantine and Israelite relics.
The following report was prepared by Jim (Yaakov) Fleming, BAR’s Jerusalem correspondent and Director of BAR’s Summer Seminar in Israel. The first BAR-sponsored excavations took place last summer—appropriately enough—in Jerusalem. Not only...
Biblical Archaeology Review, November/December 1979
How to Pick a Dig
This coming summer more people than ever will join archaeological digs in Israel and elsewhere as volunteer workers. Some will be taking an important early step toward a professional...
Biblical Archaeology Review, March/April 1979