- (-) Remove Hebrew filter Hebrew
- (-) Remove Bible filter Bible
- (-) Remove Content type: Feature Article filter Content type: Feature Article
- (-) Remove Date » Start date: 1979 filter Date » Start date: 1979
- (-) Remove Authors: Martin A. Cohen filter Authors: Martin A. Cohen
- (-) Remove Publication: Biblical Archaeology Review filter Publication: Biblical Archaeology Review
- (-) Remove Authors: Hershel Shanks filter Authors: Hershel Shanks
Displaying 1 - 2 of 2 results
Syria Tries to Influence Ebla Scholarship
Official view objects to emphasis on Biblical connections. BAR calls for prompt publication of most significant tablets which relate to the Bible.
It is now clear that anti-Zionist political pressures in Syria are attempting to affect the scholarly interpretation of the Ebla tablets. The Syrians are furious that in the West the intense interest shown in this fantastic cache of tablets...
Biblical Archaeology Review, March/April 1979
The Prophets as Revolutionaries: A Sociopolitical Analysis
Five Biblical prophets—Amos, Hosea, Micah, Isaiah and Jeremiah—scathingly attacked the sacrificial cult practiced in the shrines of ancient Israel and Judah. These prophets all lived in that turbulent 150-year period that began with the death...
Biblical Archaeology Review, May/June 1979