- (-) Remove Jerusalem filter Jerusalem
- (-) Remove Authors: Yitzhak Magen filter Authors: Yitzhak Magen
- (-) Remove Authors: Magen Broshi filter Authors: Magen Broshi
- (-) Remove Date » Start date: 1995 filter Date » Start date: 1995
- (-) Remove Authors: Judith K. Applegate filter Authors: Judith K. Applegate
- (-) Remove Publication: Bible Review filter Publication: Bible Review
- (-) Remove Content type: Feature Article filter Content type: Feature Article
- (-) Remove Authors: Menahem Haran filter Authors: Menahem Haran
- (-) Remove Authors: Baruch Halpern filter Authors: Baruch Halpern
- (-) Remove Authors: Paula Fredriksen filter Authors: Paula Fredriksen
- (-) Remove Authors: Eta Linnemann filter Authors: Eta Linnemann
- (-) Remove Publication: Biblical Archaeology Review filter Publication: Biblical Archaeology Review
Displaying 1 - 5 of 5 results
Incense theory goes up in smoke
Archaeological artifacts do not interpret themselves. Here’s a case in point: Some 40 relatively small altars were found in at...
Bible Review, February 1995
Did Jesus Oppose the Purity Laws?
In the last century, especially in the last few decades, historians of Christianity have increasingly understood Jesus of Nazareth...
Bible Review, June 1995
The minimalist assault on ancient Israel
The recent discovery at Tel Dan of a ninth-century B.C.E. inscription—the first extra-biblical reference to the House of David—is causing extraordinary contortions among scholars who have maintained that the Bible’s history of the early...
Bible Review, December 1995
Martyrius: Lavish Living for Monks
Four miles east of Jerusalem on a hilltop in the Judean desert on the road to Jericho sits Ma‘ale Adummim, a modern city of over 20 thousand people. In its midst is one of the largest, most important and most elaborate ancient monasteries in...
Biblical Archaeology Review, September/October 1995
Is There a Gospel of Q?
Try to imagine flying to a non-existent island on an airplane that has not yet been invented. Even if this impossible trip were to...
Bible Review, August 1995