- (-) Remove Jerusalem filter Jerusalem
- (-) Remove Authors: Yitzhak Magen filter Authors: Yitzhak Magen
- (-) Remove Authors: Magen Broshi filter Authors: Magen Broshi
- (-) Remove Date » Start date: 1995 filter Date » Start date: 1995
- (-) Remove Publication: Bible Review filter Publication: Bible Review
- (-) Remove Content type: Feature Article filter Content type: Feature Article
- (-) Remove Authors: Baruch Halpern filter Authors: Baruch Halpern
- (-) Remove Publication: Biblical Archaeology Review filter Publication: Biblical Archaeology Review
Displaying 1 - 2 of 2 results
The minimalist assault on ancient Israel
The recent discovery at Tel Dan of a ninth-century B.C.E. inscription—the first extra-biblical reference to the House of David—is causing extraordinary contortions among scholars who have maintained that the Bible’s history of the early...
Bible Review, December 1995
Martyrius: Lavish Living for Monks
Four miles east of Jerusalem on a hilltop in the Judean desert on the road to Jericho sits Ma‘ale Adummim, a modern city of over 20 thousand people. In its midst is one of the largest, most important and most elaborate ancient monasteries in...
Biblical Archaeology Review, September/October 1995