- (-) Remove Jerusalem filter Jerusalem
- (-) Remove Authors: Yitzhak Magen filter Authors: Yitzhak Magen
- (-) Remove Date » Start date: 1995 filter Date » Start date: 1995
- (-) Remove Authors: Judith K. Applegate filter Authors: Judith K. Applegate
- (-) Remove Publication: Bible Review filter Publication: Bible Review
- (-) Remove Content type: Feature Article filter Content type: Feature Article
- (-) Remove Authors: Graham Stanton filter Authors: Graham Stanton
- (-) Remove Authors: Menahem Haran filter Authors: Menahem Haran
- (-) Remove Authors: Paula Fredriksen filter Authors: Paula Fredriksen
- (-) Remove Authors: Pinchas Amitai filter Authors: Pinchas Amitai
Displaying 1 - 4 of 4 results
Incense theory goes up in smoke
Archaeological artifacts do not interpret themselves. Here’s a case in point: Some 40 relatively small altars were found in at...
Bible Review, February 1995
Did Jesus Oppose the Purity Laws?
In the last century, especially in the last few decades, historians of Christianity have increasingly understood Jesus of Nazareth...
Bible Review, June 1995
A Gospel Among the Scrolls?
Scholar claims to have identified a fragment of Mark among the Dead Sea scrolls and the oldest fragment of Matthew
On December 24, 1994, the Times of London ran a front-page story entitled “Oxford papyrus is ‘eyewitness record of the life of Christ.’” The article reported the claim that three papyrus fragments of Matthew’s Gospel in Magdalen...
Bible Review, December 1995
Scorpion Ash Saves Woman’s Eyesight
His curved tail tipped with a poisonous barb, the scorpion signals peril in Scripture as in life. The word for scorpion (akrab) appears nine times in the Old Testament and five times in Greek (scorpios) in the New Testament. It occurs dozens of times in the rabbinic writings of the...
Bible Review, April 1995