- (-) Remove Jerusalem filter Jerusalem
- (-) Remove Authors: Yitzhak Magen filter Authors: Yitzhak Magen
- (-) Remove Date » Start date: 1995 filter Date » Start date: 1995
- (-) Remove Authors: Judith K. Applegate filter Authors: Judith K. Applegate
- (-) Remove Content type: Feature Article filter Content type: Feature Article
- (-) Remove Authors: Luke T. Johnson filter Authors: Luke T. Johnson
- (-) Remove Publication: Bible Review filter Publication: Bible Review
- (-) Remove Authors: Pinchas Amitai filter Authors: Pinchas Amitai
- (-) Remove Authors: Adam S. van der Woude filter Authors: Adam S. van der Woude
- (-) Remove Authors: Hector Avalos filter Authors: Hector Avalos
Displaying 1 - 4 of 4 results
Tracing the Evolution of the Hebrew Bible
What the Dead Sea scrolls teach us
In some ways—oddly enough—the more than 200 biblical manuscripts in Hebrew found among the Dead Sea Scrolls have elevated the authority of the Greek Septuagint at the expense of the Masoretic text, the received Hebrew version preserved by the...
Bible Review, February 1995
In case of emergency, contact your local prophet
When an ancient Israelite got a raging bellyache, what did she do? Where could she—or he—go for help? According to one recent...
Bible Review, June 1995
Scorpion Ash Saves Woman’s Eyesight
His curved tail tipped with a poisonous barb, the scorpion signals peril in Scripture as in life. The word for scorpion (akrab) appears nine times in the Old Testament and five times in Greek (scorpios) in the New Testament. It occurs dozens of times in the rabbinic writings of the...
Bible Review, April 1995
The Search for (the wrong) Jesus
The first half of this decade has been a busy one for questers after the historical Jesus. The Jesus Seminar capped a decade of self-promotion with the publication of The Five Gospels: The Search for the Authentic Words of Jesus.1...
Bible Review, December 1995