- (-) Remove Jerusalem filter Jerusalem
- (-) Remove Authors: Magen Broshi filter Authors: Magen Broshi
- (-) Remove Date » Start date: 1995 filter Date » Start date: 1995
- (-) Remove Authors: Judith K. Applegate filter Authors: Judith K. Applegate
- (-) Remove Publication: Bible Review filter Publication: Bible Review
- (-) Remove Authors: Ronald S. Hendel filter Authors: Ronald S. Hendel
- (-) Remove Content type: Feature Article filter Content type: Feature Article
- (-) Remove Authors: Adam S. van der Woude filter Authors: Adam S. van der Woude
- (-) Remove Authors: Paula Fredriksen filter Authors: Paula Fredriksen
- (-) Remove Authors: Baruch Halpern filter Authors: Baruch Halpern
Displaying 1 - 3 of 3 results
Tracing the Evolution of the Hebrew Bible
What the Dead Sea scrolls teach us
In some ways—oddly enough—the more than 200 biblical manuscripts in Hebrew found among the Dead Sea Scrolls have elevated the authority of the Greek Septuagint at the expense of the Masoretic text, the received Hebrew version preserved by the...
Bible Review, February 1995
Did Jesus Oppose the Purity Laws?
In the last century, especially in the last few decades, historians of Christianity have increasingly understood Jesus of Nazareth...
Bible Review, June 1995
The minimalist assault on ancient Israel
The recent discovery at Tel Dan of a ninth-century B.C.E. inscription—the first extra-biblical reference to the House of David—is causing extraordinary contortions among scholars who have maintained that the Bible’s history of the early...
Bible Review, December 1995