- (-) Remove Jerusalem filter Jerusalem
- (-) Remove Authors: Magen Broshi filter Authors: Magen Broshi
- (-) Remove Date » Start date: 1995 filter Date » Start date: 1995
- (-) Remove Authors: Judith K. Applegate filter Authors: Judith K. Applegate
- (-) Remove Publication: Bible Review filter Publication: Bible Review
- (-) Remove Authors: Eta Linnemann filter Authors: Eta Linnemann
- (-) Remove Content type: Feature Article filter Content type: Feature Article
- (-) Remove Authors: Luke T. Johnson filter Authors: Luke T. Johnson
- (-) Remove Authors: Adam S. van der Woude filter Authors: Adam S. van der Woude
- (-) Remove Authors: Jeffrey Brodd filter Authors: Jeffrey Brodd
- (-) Remove Authors: Pinchas Amitai filter Authors: Pinchas Amitai
- (-) Remove Authors: Paula Fredriksen filter Authors: Paula Fredriksen
Displaying 1 - 6 of 6 results
Julian the Apostate and His Plan to Rebuild the Jerusalem Temple
Of the Roman emperors after Constantine, only Julian (331–363) rejected Christianity in favor of the pagan gods. A nephew of Constantine, the first Christian emperor, Julian incurred the...
Bible Review, October 1995
Tracing the Evolution of the Hebrew Bible
What the Dead Sea scrolls teach us
In some ways—oddly enough—the more than 200 biblical manuscripts in Hebrew found among the Dead Sea Scrolls have elevated the authority of the Greek Septuagint at the expense of the Masoretic text, the received Hebrew version preserved by the...
Bible Review, February 1995
Did Jesus Oppose the Purity Laws?
In the last century, especially in the last few decades, historians of Christianity have increasingly understood Jesus of Nazareth...
Bible Review, June 1995
Scorpion Ash Saves Woman’s Eyesight
His curved tail tipped with a poisonous barb, the scorpion signals peril in Scripture as in life. The word for scorpion (akrab) appears nine times in the Old Testament and five times in Greek (scorpios) in the New Testament. It occurs dozens of times in the rabbinic writings of the...
Bible Review, April 1995
Is There a Gospel of Q?
Try to imagine flying to a non-existent island on an airplane that has not yet been invented. Even if this impossible trip were to...
Bible Review, August 1995
The Search for (the wrong) Jesus
The first half of this decade has been a busy one for questers after the historical Jesus. The Jesus Seminar capped a decade of self-promotion with the publication of The Five Gospels: The Search for the Authentic Words of Jesus.1...
Bible Review, December 1995