- (-) Remove Mount filter Mount
- (-) Remove Date » Start date: 1998 filter Date » Start date: 1998
- (-) Remove Authors: Victor Hurowitz filter Authors: Victor Hurowitz
- (-) Remove Authors: Katharine Eugenia Jones filter Authors: Katharine Eugenia Jones
- (-) Remove Authors: Graham Binns filter Authors: Graham Binns
- (-) Remove Publication: Archaeology Odyssey filter Publication: Archaeology Odyssey
- (-) Remove Publication: Bible Review filter Publication: Bible Review
- (-) Remove Authors: Robert L. Hohlfelder filter Authors: Robert L. Hohlfelder
- (-) Remove Content type: Feature Article filter Content type: Feature Article
- (-) Remove Authors: Ronald F. Youngblood filter Authors: Ronald F. Youngblood
Displaying 1 - 3 of 3 results
From Storm God to Abstract Being
How the deity became more distant from Exodus to Deuteronomy
A spectacular sound and light show greeted the Israelites when the new nation encountered God for the first time at Mt. Sinai.1 The awesome display of divine presence and power so terrified the Children of Israel that they begged God not to...
Bible Review, October 1998
The evolution of Lucifer
I first heard the word “lucifer” when I was a small child. My grandfather was warning me about the dangers of those long wooden matches tipped with antimony sulfide and potassium chlorate. He called them “lucifers.” Needless to say, at that...
Bible Review, December 1998
Bring the Marbles Home!
Respect, even reverence, for the past has inspired Graham Binns to take up causes involving cultural history. In the 1950’s, he chaired a committee that oversaw the restoration of a 17th-century theater in Malta. Since the early 1980’s, he...
Archaeology Odyssey, Spring 1998