- (-) Remove Solomon filter Solomon
- (-) Remove Authors: Leen Ritmeyer filter Authors: Leen Ritmeyer
- (-) Remove Authors: Ronald S. Hendel filter Authors: Ronald S. Hendel
- (-) Remove Authors: Ehud Weiss filter Authors: Ehud Weiss
- (-) Remove Content type: Feature Article filter Content type: Feature Article
- (-) Remove Authors: Jerome Murphy-O’Connor filter Authors: Jerome Murphy-O’Connor
- (-) Remove Authors: Eilat Mazar filter Authors: Eilat Mazar
- (-) Remove Publication: Biblical Archaeology Review filter Publication: Biblical Archaeology Review
- (-) Remove Authors: Bezalel Porten filter Authors: Bezalel Porten
- (-) Remove Authors: Hershel Shanks filter Authors: Hershel Shanks
Displaying 81 - 83 of 83 results
BAR Interviews Yigael Yadin
Does archaeology prove the truth of the Bible? • Will an archive be found in Israel? • Where will Yadin dig next? • Advice to aspiring archaeologists • Yadin’s definition of Biblical archaeology
On July 22, 1982, BAR editor Hershel Shanks visited Yigael Yadin in his home in Jerusalem. Shanks spoke for several hours with Yadin, who had recently returned to full time archaeology after one of the many discursions that have marked his...
Biblical Archaeology Review, January/February 1983
Is the Bible Right After All? BAR Interviews William Dever—Part Two
Continuing their wide-ranging conversation, excavator Bill Dever and Hershel Shanks turn to a crucial issue: How the Bible and archaeology can be used—and misused—to illuminate each other. HS: What does it mean to be an Israelite in the 12th...
Biblical Archaeology Review, September/October 1996
The Enigma of Qumran
Four archaeologists assess the site
If you want to understand how archaeologists think, how they reason, how they work, how they interpret finds—and why they sometimes disagree—you will enjoy this discussion among four prominent archaeologists who know as much about Qumran and...
Biblical Archaeology Review, January/February 1998