- (-) Remove Temple filter Temple
- (-) Remove Jerusalem filter Jerusalem
- (-) Remove Date » Start date: 1984 filter Date » Start date: 1984
- (-) Remove Authors: Bill Clark filter Authors: Bill Clark
- (-) Remove Publication: Biblical Archaeology Review filter Publication: Biblical Archaeology Review
- (-) Remove Authors: Morton Smith filter Authors: Morton Smith
Displaying 1 - 2 of 2 results
The Case of the Gilded Staircase
Did the Dead Sea Scroll sect worship the sun?
Yigael Yadin’s magnificent edition of the Temple Scroll1—the latest-to-be-published and the longest of all the Dead Sea Scrolls—has been available to scholars in Hebrew for over four years and last year became available in a three-volume...
Biblical Archaeology Review, September/October 1984
Benjamin Mazar Reminisces
Excavating 50 years ago took courage but little money
“It was different then,” the archaeologist said. “Today there are institutes and technicians, engineers, directors and subdirectors!” “Back then, we had nothing,” he said. “But it was a wonderful period. A time of life. A time of courage; no...
Biblical Archaeology Review, May/June 1984