- (-) Remove Temple filter Temple
- (-) Remove Jerusalem filter Jerusalem
- (-) Remove Date » Start date: 1984 filter Date » Start date: 1984
- (-) Remove Authors: Morton Smith filter Authors: Morton Smith
- (-) Remove Authors: Giora Solar filter Authors: Giora Solar
- (-) Remove Content type: Feature Article filter Content type: Feature Article
Displaying 1 - 2 of 2 results
The Case of the Gilded Staircase
Did the Dead Sea Scroll sect worship the sun?
Yigael Yadin’s magnificent edition of the Temple Scroll1—the latest-to-be-published and the longest of all the Dead Sea Scrolls—has been available to scholars in Hebrew for over four years and last year became available in a three-volume...
Biblical Archaeology Review, September/October 1984
Sumptuous Roman Baths Uncovered Near Sea of Galilee
Hot springs drew the afflicted from around the world
According to the Greek biographer Eunapius, the second most beautiful bath complex in the entire Roman Empire during the fourth century A.D. was located in, of all places, Palestine—at a site known as Hammat Gader.1 Hammat Gader lies just...
Biblical Archaeology Review, November/December 1984