- (-) Remove Temple filter Temple
- (-) Remove Authors: Leen Ritmeyer filter Authors: Leen Ritmeyer
- (-) Remove Date » Start date: 2011 filter Date » Start date: 2011
- (-) Remove Authors: Doron Mendels filter Authors: Doron Mendels
- (-) Remove Authors: Stephen J. Patterson filter Authors: Stephen J. Patterson
Displaying 1 - 2 of 2 results
Why Paul Went West
The differences between the Jewish diasporas
The Jewish diaspora in Roman times and Late Antiquity was not just a scattering of people from the Land of Israel. Geographical, cultural, religious and language differences resulted in two distinct diasporas—western and eastern—which helps explain why Paul went west from Jerusalem.
Biblical Archaeology Review, January/February 2011
The Oxyrhynchus Papyri
The Remarkable Discovery You’ve Probably Never Heard Of
Discovered in the Egyptian desert over a century ago, the Oxyrhynchus Papyri have provided invaluable insights into the life and times of an early Roman Christian community of the Nile Valley. As our author explains, these priceless documents, which include everything from little-known gospels to revealing personal letters, intimately portray the beliefs and daily lives of ordinary Romans and Christians, making them one of the greatest archaeological finds ever.
Biblical Archaeology Review, March/April 2011