- (-) Remove Temple filter Temple
- (-) Remove Authors: Rivka Gonen filter Authors: Rivka Gonen
- (-) Remove Authors: Leen Ritmeyer filter Authors: Leen Ritmeyer
- (-) Remove Authors: Joseph Patrich filter Authors: Joseph Patrich
- (-) Remove Authors: Dorothy Resig filter Authors: Dorothy Resig
- (-) Remove Date » Start date: 2011 filter Date » Start date: 2011
- (-) Remove Authors: Victor Hurowitz filter Authors: Victor Hurowitz
Displaying 1 - 2 of 2 results
Solomon’s Temple in Context
Although the Bible gives a detailed description of Solomon’s Temple, we have no physical remains of the building destroyed by the Babylonians in 586 B.C.E. Thanks to the recent excavation of several hitherto-unknown ancient Near Eastern temples, however, archaeologists are shedding new light on similarities and differences between these temples and King Solomon’s structure.
Biblical Archaeology Review, March/April 2011
Crossing the Holy Land
New church discoveries from the Biblical world
A few years ago the archaeological world, not to mention the popular press, was abuzz with news that an early Christian church had been discovered on the grounds of an Israeli prison at Megiddo. As BAR reported in an article by archaeologist...
Biblical Archaeology Review, September/October 2011