- (-) Remove Temple filter Temple
- (-) Remove Authors: Rivka Gonen filter Authors: Rivka Gonen
- (-) Remove Date » Start date: 2011 filter Date » Start date: 2011
- (-) Remove Publication: Biblical Archaeology Review filter Publication: Biblical Archaeology Review
- (-) Remove Authors: Doron Mendels filter Authors: Doron Mendels
- (-) Remove Authors: Jane Cahill West filter Authors: Jane Cahill West
- (-) Remove Content type: Feature Article filter Content type: Feature Article
- (-) Remove Authors: Glenn J. Corbett filter Authors: Glenn J. Corbett
Displaying 1 - 2 of 2 results
New Synagogue Excavations In Israel and Beyond
It seems like almost everywhere archaeologists dig in the eastern Galilee these days, they are coming up with ancient synagogues. In 2007, a third–fourth-century C.E. synagogue with beautifully decorated mosaic floors depicting Biblical...
Biblical Archaeology Review, July/August 2011
Why Paul Went West
The differences between the Jewish diasporas
The Jewish diaspora in Roman times and Late Antiquity was not just a scattering of people from the Land of Israel. Geographical, cultural, religious and language differences resulted in two distinct diasporas—western and eastern—which helps explain why Paul went west from Jerusalem.
Biblical Archaeology Review, January/February 2011