- (-) Remove Testament filter Testament
- (-) Remove Date » Start date: 2005 filter Date » Start date: 2005
- (-) Remove Authors: Stephen J. Patterson filter Authors: Stephen J. Patterson
- (-) Remove Publication: Bible Review filter Publication: Bible Review
- (-) Remove Authors: Birger A. Pearson filter Authors: Birger A. Pearson
- (-) Remove Authors: Sister Wendy Beckett filter Authors: Sister Wendy Beckett
- (-) Remove Authors: Stevan Davies filter Authors: Stevan Davies
- (-) Remove Content type: Feature Article filter Content type: Feature Article
- (-) Remove Authors: Bart D. Ehrman filter Authors: Bart D. Ehrman
Displaying 1 - 4 of 4 results
Did Jesus Marry?
There is not the slightest hint in the New Testament that Jesus ever married. Yet, Jesus’ marital status has become a hot topic—again—as a result of the best-selling book The Da...
Bible Review, Spring 2005
Did Jesus Get Angry or Agonize?
A Text Critic Pursues the Original Jesus Story
Christianity is a religion of the book. From the outset, it has stressed specific texts as authoritative scripture. Yet not one of these original, authoritative texts exists today. We have only late copies, dating from the second century to the sixteenth. And these copies vary considerably. Indeed...
Bible Review, Winter 2005
Sister Wendy’s Top Twenty Biblical Paintings
To help us celebrate 20 years of BR, we asked the famous, beloved nun and art critic Sister Wendy to write about 20 of her favorite biblical (or Bible-inspired) paintings that have appeared in our pages over the years. Enjoy!—Eds. Biblical...
Bible Review, Anniversary Issue
Looking Back on 20 Years of Jesus Scholarship
Thirty years ago, the historical Jesus was dead. By 1975, it was clear that scholars had very little to say about him. If students were assigned anything to read on the subject, it was usually Gunther Bornkamm’s Jesus of Nazareth from...
Bible Review, Summer 2005