- (-) Remove Testament filter Testament
- (-) Remove Authors: Frank Moore Cross filter Authors: Frank Moore Cross
- (-) Remove Date » Start date: 1989 filter Date » Start date: 1989
- (-) Remove Content type: Feature Article filter Content type: Feature Article
- (-) Remove Authors: Marcus J. Borg filter Authors: Marcus J. Borg
- (-) Remove Authors: Alan R. Millard filter Authors: Alan R. Millard
- (-) Remove Authors: Roger S. Wieck filter Authors: Roger S. Wieck
- (-) Remove Authors: Leonard J. Greenspoon filter Authors: Leonard J. Greenspoon
Displaying 1 - 4 of 4 results
The Hebrew Bible in medieval manuscripts
Thou shalt not make unto thee a graven image, nor any manner of likeness, of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath. … Thou shalt not bow down unto them, nor serve them …” (Exodus 20:4, 5). The Second Commandment’s...
Bible Review, April 1989
Mission To Alexandria
Truth and legend about the creation of the Septuagint, the first Bible translation
It often comes as a surprise to laypeople to learn that ancient copies of the Bible vary, sometimes in minor ways, but sometimes, also, in important ways. Variation exists between any two manuscripts of the Bible, even when they are written...
Bible Review, August 1989
What Did Jesus Really Say?
About 40 scholars, all specialists in the study of the historical Jesus, are seated around a table. They have just completed their discussion of a saying attributed to Jesus in the Gospels. The time has come for each to vote on a simple but...
Bible Review, October 1989
Does the Bible Exaggerate King Solomon’s Golden Wealth?
Those who read the Biblical text and make a subjective judgment as to its reliability often conclude—and understandably so—that the descriptions of Solomon’s gold are gross...
Biblical Archaeology Review, May/June 1989