- (-) Remove Testament filter Testament
- (-) Remove Authors: Stephen J. Patterson filter Authors: Stephen J. Patterson
- (-) Remove Authors: Frank Moore Cross filter Authors: Frank Moore Cross
- (-) Remove Date » Start date: 1989 filter Date » Start date: 1989
- (-) Remove Authors: Lawrence E. Stager filter Authors: Lawrence E. Stager
- (-) Remove Content type: Feature Article filter Content type: Feature Article
- (-) Remove Authors: Jack Riemer filter Authors: Jack Riemer
- (-) Remove Authors: Harvey Minkoff filter Authors: Harvey Minkoff
Displaying 1 - 3 of 3 results
Coarse Language In The Bible?
It’s culture shocking!
In an article I recently wrote in Bible Reviewa on the problems of Bible translating, I distinguished two styles of translation:...
Bible Review, April 1989
The Binding of Isaac
Rembrandt’s contrasting portraits
It is hard to believe that there are only 19 verses in chapter 22 of Genesis, the chapter that tells the story of the Binding of Isaac, or Akedah in Hebrew. More commentaries have been written on this chapter—by medievals and by...
Bible Review, December 1989
The Song of Deborah—Why Some Tribes Answered the Call and Others Did Not
The Song of Deborah (Judges 5) is one of the most powerful pieces of poetry in the entire Bible. A prose version repeats the same story, with many variations, in Judges 4. The account tells of the deliverer (Judge) Deborah and her reluctant...
Biblical Archaeology Review, January/February 1989