- (-) Remove Testament filter Testament
- (-) Remove Authors: Yizhar Hirschfeld filter Authors: Yizhar Hirschfeld
- (-) Remove Date » Start date: 1989 filter Date » Start date: 1989
- (-) Remove Publication: Bible Review filter Publication: Bible Review
- (-) Remove Content type: Feature Article filter Content type: Feature Article
- (-) Remove Authors: W. D. Davies filter Authors: W. D. Davies
- (-) Remove Authors: Jack Riemer filter Authors: Jack Riemer
- (-) Remove Authors: Malcolm L. Peel filter Authors: Malcolm L. Peel
- (-) Remove Authors: Marcus J. Borg filter Authors: Marcus J. Borg
Displaying 1 - 4 of 4 results
My Odyssey in New Testament Interpretation
Karl Marx, when he was living in Highgate, London, was once asked to address a group of theologians. On his arrival, the meeting place was full of tobacco smoke, and Marx remarked, “Theologians always cloud the issues.” When I remind...
Bible Review, June 1989
The Resurrection in Recent Scholarly Research
At the very end of Martin Scorsese’s film version of Nikos Kazantzakis’s now famous novel. The Last Temptation of Christ, Jesus returns to the Cross, from his out-of-body temptation sequence, to those last, agonizing moments of death...
Bible Review, August 1989
The Binding of Isaac
Rembrandt’s contrasting portraits
It is hard to believe that there are only 19 verses in chapter 22 of Genesis, the chapter that tells the story of the Binding of Isaac, or Akedah in Hebrew. More commentaries have been written on this chapter—by medievals and by...
Bible Review, December 1989
What Did Jesus Really Say?
About 40 scholars, all specialists in the study of the historical Jesus, are seated around a table. They have just completed their discussion of a saying attributed to Jesus in the Gospels. The time has come for each to vote on a simple but...
Bible Review, October 1989