- (-) Remove Testament filter Testament
- (-) Remove Authors: Harold Brodsky filter Authors: Harold Brodsky
- (-) Remove Authors: Frank Moore Cross filter Authors: Frank Moore Cross
- (-) Remove Content type: Feature Article filter Content type: Feature Article
- (-) Remove Authors: Alan R. Millard filter Authors: Alan R. Millard
- (-) Remove Authors: Hanan Eshel filter Authors: Hanan Eshel
- (-) Remove Publication: Bible Review filter Publication: Bible Review
Displaying 1 - 4 of 4 results
Kings Og’s Iron Bed
Fact or fancy?
In Moses’ famous speech that comprises most of Deuteronomy, he describes the Israelite conquest of two kingdoms east of the Jordan—Heshbon, led by a king named Sihon, and Bashan, led by...
Bible Review, April 1990
II: Original Biblical Text Reconstructed from Newly Found Fragments
Scrolls provide a fresh understanding of apocalyptic elements in late biblical religion
In the last issue of Bible Review, Professor Cross presented a description, based on his study of the Dead Sea Scrolls, of how the text of the Hebrew Bible developed (“The Text...
Bible Review, Fall 1985
Ebla and the Bible
What’s left (if anything)?
I remember it well. It was early October 1975. We were sitting on top of the tell having lunch. One of our guests, Afif Bahnassi, the director of the Department of Antiquities of Syria...
Bible Review, April 1992
I: The Text Behind the Text of the Hebrew Bible
This is Part I of a two-part article; the second part will appear in the next issue of Bible Review. Part 2 will discuss the...
Bible Review, Summer 1985