- (-) Remove Testament filter Testament
- (-) Remove Authors: Harold Brodsky filter Authors: Harold Brodsky
- (-) Remove Authors: William H.C. Propp filter Authors: William H.C. Propp
- (-) Remove Authors: Stephen J. Patterson filter Authors: Stephen J. Patterson
- (-) Remove Date » Start date: 1989 filter Date » Start date: 1989
- (-) Remove Content type: Feature Article filter Content type: Feature Article
- (-) Remove Authors: Philip J. King filter Authors: Philip J. King
- (-) Remove Authors: Alan R. Millard filter Authors: Alan R. Millard
- (-) Remove Authors: Marcus J. Borg filter Authors: Marcus J. Borg
- (-) Remove Authors: Jack Riemer filter Authors: Jack Riemer
Displaying 1 - 4 of 4 results
The Binding of Isaac
Rembrandt’s contrasting portraits
It is hard to believe that there are only 19 verses in chapter 22 of Genesis, the chapter that tells the story of the Binding of Isaac, or Akedah in Hebrew. More commentaries have been written on this chapter—by medievals and by...
Bible Review, December 1989
What Did Jesus Really Say?
About 40 scholars, all specialists in the study of the historical Jesus, are seated around a table. They have just completed their discussion of a saying attributed to Jesus in the Gospels. The time has come for each to vote on a simple but...
Bible Review, October 1989
The Great Eighth Century
A century is a wholly arbitrary block of time. History surely does not proceed by 100-year chunks. And to mark the beginning and...
Bible Review, August 1989
Does the Bible Exaggerate King Solomon’s Golden Wealth?
Those who read the Biblical text and make a subjective judgment as to its reliability often conclude—and understandably so—that the descriptions of Solomon’s gold are gross...
Biblical Archaeology Review, May/June 1989