- (-) Remove Testament filter Testament
- (-) Remove Authors: Harold Brodsky filter Authors: Harold Brodsky
- (-) Remove Authors: William H.C. Propp filter Authors: William H.C. Propp
- (-) Remove Date » Start date: 1989 filter Date » Start date: 1989
- (-) Remove Authors: Marcus J. Borg filter Authors: Marcus J. Borg
- (-) Remove Authors: Alan R. Millard filter Authors: Alan R. Millard
- (-) Remove Authors: Hanan Eshel filter Authors: Hanan Eshel
- (-) Remove Authors: Arthur J. Droge filter Authors: Arthur J. Droge
Displaying 1 - 5 of 5 results
Did Paul Commit Suicide?
The question this article will explore may appear disturbing at first sight, and for good reason. Since Augustine’s time, the church has condemned suicide as a sin—a sin beyond redemption, just like apostasy and adultery. How then could Paul...
Bible Review, December 1989
What Did Jesus Really Say?
About 40 scholars, all specialists in the study of the historical Jesus, are seated around a table. They have just completed their discussion of a saying attributed to Jesus in the Gospels. The time has come for each to vote on a simple but...
Bible Review, October 1989
Does the Bible Exaggerate King Solomon’s Golden Wealth?
Those who read the Biblical text and make a subjective judgment as to its reliability often conclude—and understandably so—that the descriptions of Solomon’s gold are gross...
Biblical Archaeology Review, May/June 1989
How I Found a Fourth-Century B.C. Papyrus Scroll on My First Time Out!
This is almost as much a personal story of luck and adventure as it is an archaeological story. It tells of my first dig—my own dig, that is—after graduating with a B.A. in archaeology from the Hebrew University of Jerusalem. My story will...
Biblical Archaeology Review, September/October 1989