- (-) Remove Testament filter Testament
- (-) Remove Authors: Harold Brodsky filter Authors: Harold Brodsky
- (-) Remove Date » Start date: 1989 filter Date » Start date: 1989
- (-) Remove Content type: Feature Article filter Content type: Feature Article
- (-) Remove Authors: Jacob Licht filter Authors: Jacob Licht
- (-) Remove Authors: Alan R. Millard filter Authors: Alan R. Millard
- (-) Remove Publication: Bible Review filter Publication: Bible Review
- (-) Remove Authors: Roger S. Wieck filter Authors: Roger S. Wieck
- (-) Remove Authors: Malcolm L. Peel filter Authors: Malcolm L. Peel
Displaying 1 - 3 of 3 results
The Resurrection in Recent Scholarly Research
At the very end of Martin Scorsese’s film version of Nikos Kazantzakis’s now famous novel. The Last Temptation of Christ, Jesus returns to the Cross, from his out-of-body temptation sequence, to those last, agonizing moments of death...
Bible Review, August 1989
The Hebrew Bible in medieval manuscripts
Thou shalt not make unto thee a graven image, nor any manner of likeness, of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath. … Thou shalt not bow down unto them, nor serve them …” (Exodus 20:4, 5). The Second Commandment’s...
Bible Review, April 1989
The Hebrew Bible Contains the Oldest Surviving History
The extraordinary achievement of the Hebrew Bible as history is rarely remarked on, but it is worth considering. For the Hebrew Bible contains the oldest surviving historical work as such and perhaps the earliest history ever written. We tend...
Bible Review, December 1989