- (-) Remove Testament filter Testament
- (-) Remove Authors: William H.C. Propp filter Authors: William H.C. Propp
- (-) Remove Authors: Frank Moore Cross filter Authors: Frank Moore Cross
- (-) Remove Authors: Yizhar Hirschfeld filter Authors: Yizhar Hirschfeld
- (-) Remove Date » Start date: 1989 filter Date » Start date: 1989
- (-) Remove Authors: Harvey Minkoff filter Authors: Harvey Minkoff
- (-) Remove Content type: Feature Article filter Content type: Feature Article
- (-) Remove Authors: Jack Riemer filter Authors: Jack Riemer
- (-) Remove Authors: Leonard J. Greenspoon filter Authors: Leonard J. Greenspoon
Displaying 1 - 3 of 3 results
Coarse Language In The Bible?
It’s culture shocking!
In an article I recently wrote in Bible Reviewa on the problems of Bible translating, I distinguished two styles of translation:...
Bible Review, April 1989
The Binding of Isaac
Rembrandt’s contrasting portraits
It is hard to believe that there are only 19 verses in chapter 22 of Genesis, the chapter that tells the story of the Binding of Isaac, or Akedah in Hebrew. More commentaries have been written on this chapter—by medievals and by...
Bible Review, December 1989
Mission To Alexandria
Truth and legend about the creation of the Septuagint, the first Bible translation
It often comes as a surprise to laypeople to learn that ancient copies of the Bible vary, sometimes in minor ways, but sometimes, also, in important ways. Variation exists between any two manuscripts of the Bible, even when they are written...
Bible Review, August 1989