- (-) Remove Testament filter Testament
- (-) Remove Date » Start date: 1989 filter Date » Start date: 1989
- (-) Remove Content type: Feature Article filter Content type: Feature Article
- (-) Remove Authors: Marcus J. Borg filter Authors: Marcus J. Borg
- (-) Remove Authors: W. D. Davies filter Authors: W. D. Davies
- (-) Remove Authors: Hanan Eshel filter Authors: Hanan Eshel
- (-) Remove Publication: Bible Review filter Publication: Bible Review
- (-) Remove Authors: Philip J. King filter Authors: Philip J. King
- (-) Remove Publication: Biblical Archaeology Review filter Publication: Biblical Archaeology Review
Displaying 1 - 4 of 4 results
My Odyssey in New Testament Interpretation
Karl Marx, when he was living in Highgate, London, was once asked to address a group of theologians. On his arrival, the meeting place was full of tobacco smoke, and Marx remarked, “Theologians always cloud the issues.” When I remind...
Bible Review, June 1989
What Did Jesus Really Say?
About 40 scholars, all specialists in the study of the historical Jesus, are seated around a table. They have just completed their discussion of a saying attributed to Jesus in the Gospels. The time has come for each to vote on a simple but...
Bible Review, October 1989
The Great Eighth Century
A century is a wholly arbitrary block of time. History surely does not proceed by 100-year chunks. And to mark the beginning and...
Bible Review, August 1989
How I Found a Fourth-Century B.C. Papyrus Scroll on My First Time Out!
This is almost as much a personal story of luck and adventure as it is an archaeological story. It tells of my first dig—my own dig, that is—after graduating with a B.A. in archaeology from the Hebrew University of Jerusalem. My story will...
Biblical Archaeology Review, September/October 1989