- (-) Remove Testament filter Testament
- (-) Remove Date » Start date: 1989 filter Date » Start date: 1989
- (-) Remove Content type: Feature Article filter Content type: Feature Article
- (-) Remove Authors: Marcus J. Borg filter Authors: Marcus J. Borg
- (-) Remove Authors: W. D. Davies filter Authors: W. D. Davies
- (-) Remove Authors: Lawrence E. Stager filter Authors: Lawrence E. Stager
- (-) Remove Authors: Philip J. King filter Authors: Philip J. King
Displaying 1 - 4 of 4 results
My Odyssey in New Testament Interpretation
Karl Marx, when he was living in Highgate, London, was once asked to address a group of theologians. On his arrival, the meeting place was full of tobacco smoke, and Marx remarked, “Theologians always cloud the issues.” When I remind...
Bible Review, June 1989
What Did Jesus Really Say?
About 40 scholars, all specialists in the study of the historical Jesus, are seated around a table. They have just completed their discussion of a saying attributed to Jesus in the Gospels. The time has come for each to vote on a simple but...
Bible Review, October 1989
The Song of Deborah—Why Some Tribes Answered the Call and Others Did Not
The Song of Deborah (Judges 5) is one of the most powerful pieces of poetry in the entire Bible. A prose version repeats the same story, with many variations, in Judges 4. The account tells of the deliverer (Judge) Deborah and her reluctant...
Biblical Archaeology Review, January/February 1989
The Great Eighth Century
A century is a wholly arbitrary block of time. History surely does not proceed by 100-year chunks. And to mark the beginning and...
Bible Review, August 1989