- (-) Remove New filter New
- (-) Remove Testament filter Testament
- (-) Remove Publication: Biblical Archaeology Review filter Publication: Biblical Archaeology Review
- (-) Remove Authors: William W. Hallo filter Authors: William W. Hallo
- (-) Remove Authors: Ronald S. Hendel filter Authors: Ronald S. Hendel
- (-) Remove Authors: Kenneth A. Kitchen filter Authors: Kenneth A. Kitchen
- (-) Remove Content type: Feature Article filter Content type: Feature Article
Displaying 1 - 2 of 2 results
The Kitchen Debate
Three Scholars Discuss a Major New Book on History and the Bible
When we received a copy of Kenneth A. Kitchen’s new book, On the Reliability of the Old Testament, we knew that we should review it. Kitchen is one of the world’s leading scholars (he specializes in Egyptology), and the subject matter of the book—how historically accurate is the Bible?—is of central interest to many of our readers. We asked Ronald Hendel, a professor at the University of California at Berkeley and a columnist for our sister magazine, Bible Review, to review it for us.
Biblical Archaeology Review, July/August 2005
How We Know When Solomon Ruled
Synchronisms with Egyptian and Assyrian rulers hold the key to dates of Israelite kings
Ever wonder how scholars date the reigns of the Israelite kings but were too embarrassed to ask? If so, this is the article for you. The short answer is that scholars use a variety of...
Biblical Archaeology Review, September/October 2001