- (-) Remove Testament filter Testament
- (-) Remove Authors: William H.C. Propp filter Authors: William H.C. Propp
- (-) Remove Authors: Frank Moore Cross filter Authors: Frank Moore Cross
- (-) Remove Date » Start date: 1989 filter Date » Start date: 1989
- (-) Remove Authors: Marcus J. Borg filter Authors: Marcus J. Borg
- (-) Remove Authors: Alan R. Millard filter Authors: Alan R. Millard
- (-) Remove Authors: Roger S. Wieck filter Authors: Roger S. Wieck
- (-) Remove Authors: Lawrence E. Stager filter Authors: Lawrence E. Stager
Displaying 1 - 4 of 4 results
The Hebrew Bible in medieval manuscripts
Thou shalt not make unto thee a graven image, nor any manner of likeness, of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath. … Thou shalt not bow down unto them, nor serve them …” (Exodus 20:4, 5). The Second Commandment’s...
Bible Review, April 1989
What Did Jesus Really Say?
About 40 scholars, all specialists in the study of the historical Jesus, are seated around a table. They have just completed their discussion of a saying attributed to Jesus in the Gospels. The time has come for each to vote on a simple but...
Bible Review, October 1989
The Song of Deborah—Why Some Tribes Answered the Call and Others Did Not
The Song of Deborah (Judges 5) is one of the most powerful pieces of poetry in the entire Bible. A prose version repeats the same story, with many variations, in Judges 4. The account tells of the deliverer (Judge) Deborah and her reluctant...
Biblical Archaeology Review, January/February 1989
Does the Bible Exaggerate King Solomon’s Golden Wealth?
Those who read the Biblical text and make a subjective judgment as to its reliability often conclude—and understandably so—that the descriptions of Solomon’s gold are gross...
Biblical Archaeology Review, May/June 1989